The majority of our courses use free, open-source software and tools. We'll often even guide you in our courses through downloading, installing, and setting up these tools. The only thing you require is a computer able to run the programs, a modern web browser, and a stable internet connection.
However, there are a few notable exceptions we will note below:
- Unity is only free for developers earning less than $100K. For hobbyists and those just starting out, this is generally fine.
- Unreal Engine is currently free to use, but monetization does require you to pay royalties if your product earns over $1,000,000.
- Any Excel-based requires you to have Microsoft Excel.
- Any Photoshop-based course requires you to have a license for Photoshop CC.
- VR courses can be done without a VR headset, but in most cases, testing is more beneficial with one.
- The majority of AR courses do require a compatible device in order to test the applications shown in the courses. As this varies with each course, it's best to check with that course individually for requirements.