Zenva Academy uses Azure Media Services as the video provider for our 2017 catalog of courses and onward. Prior courses mostly utilize Vimeo.
If you are able to play videos on Vimeo, then you should have no problem playing Vimeo videos on our site. If you do encounter any issues with playing our videos, please be sure to check the Vimeo Playback Issues page which offers solutions to most issues.
General Troubleshooting Tips
See if the videos play:
- On a different browser (that is not a beta version, as these are not supported by our site)
- When you disable all browser plugins and extensions
- When using a different ISP connection
Vimeo Playback Problems
Some causes for being unable to play Vimeo videos on the Zenva site are:
- Certain browser plugins block scripts from third-party sites, which in turn could block Vimeo
- Some networks have Vimeo blocked, such as school networks, in which case our videos would be unable to load
- Vimeo may be blocked in your country, which would prevent our videos from loading
- Proxies, as they are not supported for use with Vimeo, and may sometimes result in a privacy error being displayed when trying to play a video
- Sometimes a video link may be broken on our end, which would cause a problem with video playback -- if this is the case, contact us as per below
However, if you can play videos on Vimeo successfully, but are still having issues with playing them on our site, or continue to have a problem with a video even after trying the above, please contact us and we can help resolve the problem.
Azure Media Player Playback Problems
- The Brave browser on Android currently causes a problem with video playback indicating the 0x20400003 error message below. However, on the desktop, the Brave browser works normally.
If you're using Brave on Android and encounter a problem, try using a different browser